Friday, April 16, 2010

¿Dónde está el patrón?

Here it is, the month of reckoning. For anyone who has read through my plight since January knows this whole Super Hero fiasco started in January when I was informed I'd be going on a girls' weekend to Cabo, which commences this Thursday. So my entire reason for creating this blog has come to a resounding head.

Although I have not worked out for the past week due to travel and miserable allergy illnesses, my body was shocked out of the 2-month plateau and I'm now down to 137 pounds. I know, not a super model does this weight make, but super models can't fight crime. Now if you need a champagne glass sucked dry or a powdered mirror wiped clean, they are your girls.

Okay back to me. Yes, I weighed myself. I had a moment of truth - not really - the fact is I'm going to the Dr. this Wednesday and they have this torturous ritual of putting you on the scale for the whole world to see - so I decided instead of going into anaphylactic shock there - I'd have a private moment at home with my own personal hell so I wouldn't jump out the window of their one-story building. I know it wouldn't actually hurt me much, but I'm guessing I'd look like an idiot doing so. So I did it to preserve my dignity.

Apparently my Super Hero status is going to come in handy in Cabo, because unbeknownst to me - folks seem to believe bad things happen to good people (FYI, using the term "good" loosely in association with my crowd) in Cabo. Not to worry, I've already run through several scenarios in my head at 1:30 this morning on how I'd take over the bad guy(s). I thought maybe I should have learned some jujitsu - but I'm convinced that by the time I crouch into my crane stance, their AK-47 will have already pierced my brain and all those with me. I'm strong, but I don't have that Super Hero speed down yet. You can actually still see me move.

At the end of this post I've come to learn that I have a new addiction and it is in fact an addiction to writing about my faults and foibles, and those of my BFFs - so I am going to continue down this Blogolicious journey till I get shot in Mexico.
¿Dónde está el patrón?

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Cabo...am completely jealous both of the vacation w/the girls and your weight :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...yes, blogging is addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aka Alice. What I love is I had to stop working out to actually drop more pounds. My body was sooo used to the treacherous days in the gym that it wasn't about to give up some of that sweet fat it was saving for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete