Friday, June 4, 2010

I slayed my first Dragon

I realize it's been a while since my last blog, but once the Super Hero powers kick in - there is very little time for "tooting my own horn," which gives me no great pleasure.

So just the other day as I was exiting the shower, I had my first encounter with, Dum, Dum, Dum, Dum -- "WASP-MAN." I know I said dragon in the headline, but in my defense, without my contacts in - he teetered on anything from Mosquito, Dragon to - I suppose a fly - if you really want to go there.

So I wrapped a towel around me, because I thought it would make a better story to actually use my new-found skills, as opposed to merely letting him break his own neck from turning his head at lightening speed to shield his eyes from - well - me in "all" my glory.

I don't think I can take full credit though, because he may have caught a quick glimpse; and I believe I pounced on him while he was still in a slight stupor. He has no idea how lucky he was. If he'd have been a fly, he would have had the pleasure of that vision - multiplied. I killed him for his own good really. Mercy killings are in the Super Hero handbook - so I was within my scope of work.

I know I'm supposed to also save lives, like the poor little squirrel that was LUNCH for the Hawk in my backyard last weekend. However, that Hawk was really hungry; and there is no one who sympathizes with hunger more than moi. There are days these past few months that squirrel might have shivered at the way I looked at him. I'm not getting between any wild beast and his lunch - ever.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! You look absolutely fabulous in your Cabo pix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice. Hey, are you gonna make the trip up for the "you know what?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really doing well! I'm really impressed. How about moving to Colorado and being my personal trainer/chief! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Thanks Lori. I'm at another plateau, but I'm so close to my goal I'm not totally obsessing about it yet. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete